Agriculture and Food FSMA VQIP Certification
FSMA Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP) Certification from SGS helps you comply with the requirement for third-party certification of foreign suppliers.
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) VQIP is an FDA accredited third-party certification program. Foreign suppliers may apply for FSMA VQIP certification, which is a prerequisite for importers applying for VQIP.
We are actively working towards obtaining accreditation for FSMA VQIP certification. In the meantime, we offer a range of services to help foreign suppliers prepare for certification, including:
- Pre-certification audits to identify gaps in the supplier’s current system
- Training supplier’s employees to help them gain the competencies required by FSMA regulations
- Product testing, environmental monitoring, label reviews and other technical services to assure compliance with US regulations
Why choose VQIP certification?
VQIP certification helps you to:
- Comply with the third-party certification requirements of foreign suppliers – a prerequisite for US importers pursuing the VQIP application process
- Apply for FSMA certification as a foreign (non-US) supplier
VQIP certification can be granted following an unannounced regulatory audit. Annual certification is required.
A world-leading certification provider
As a world-leading provider of verification and certification services, we offer you in-depth expertise on VQIP requirements.
- Also used when mandated by FDA for certain food facilities in specific countries or supplier sites based on FDA’s risk evaluation
- Applicable to all food categories regulated by FDA, including categories that are not covered by the Preventive Controls rules, such as seafood, juices, etc.
To find out more about how we can help you prepare for VQIP certification, contact us today.