Environment, Health and Safety Ultra-Trace Organics Testing
High-resolution mass spectroscopy and isotope-dilution methods for ultra-trace organics testing help you to comply with the most stringent detection limit regulations.
Ultra-trace organic testing by high-resolution mass spectroscopy and isotope-dilution methods produces highly accurate results for contaminant identification and quantitation. This rigorous analytical approach is increasingly in demand by organizations looking to meet:
- Environmental legislation – when a risk assessment approach is required to safeguard against contaminant exposure to populations and its associated health effects
- Responsible party litigation following exposures
SGS ultra-trace organics testing services
We lead the way in providing ultra-trace organic testing services. Our scientists have been developing and improving world-standard ultra-trace methods for more than three decades, including USEPA 1613b (dioxins and furans); USEPA 1668A/C (polychlorinated biphenyls); USEPA 1614 (polybrominated diphenylethers); USEPA 1699 (Pesticides – organochlorine, phosphate and nitrous).
- Expert Account/Project Management to ensure your sample, analytical and data needs are met on time and meeting your expectations
- Application of fit-for-purpose procedures and quality controls for multiple matrices including:
- Source/stack sample analysis
- Ambient and large volume water samples
- Tissue and serum/plasma analysis
- Soil and sediment analysis
- Biosolids and Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) samples
- Passive and active sampling media (including XAD, PUF, SPMD, SPE)
- Congener-specific analysis and data reporting to support TEQ, TMDL, source/fate and responsible party studies, supporting sophisticated sampling and study design approaches
- Application of true isotope-dilution mass spectrometry for the widest range of target analytes, providing the most accurate analyte and congener-specific/total congener-derived determinations
- Identify unknown compounds using high-resolution analysis with library searching and/or exact mass measurement with elemental composition determination
- Opportunity to combine multiple ultra-trace analyses from a single sample without compromising detection limits, reducing sample collection costs and optimizing study efficiency
- Dioxins/furans, PCBs, PAHs, SVOAs and pesticides using US EPA Methods 23, 8290, 1613, 1668A/C, 1699, 0023A, TO-9A, CARB 428, 429, and their international equivalents/derivatives; WHO-2 (combined D/F+PCB analysis, e.g. for EU food/feed testing)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) by USEPA method 1614 or international equivalent
Why choose SGS?
With an unrivaled global network of environmental experts and accredited laboratories, we are the first choice for ultra-trace organics testing. Benefits include:
- The latest high-resolution, magnetic-sector, double-focusing mass spectrometers
- Unsurpassed project specific method analytical support and development
- Certifications including NELAC, USDA, CALA, ISO17025, and local US state, European, Australian, Asian requirements
- Efficient turnaround times – including our ultra-rapid 55-hour Dioxin/Furan analysis in North America
- Quality assurance programs compliant with good laboratory practice standards (GLP), FIFRA/TSCA GLPs, and laboratory quality control samples that exceed method criteria
- Data reports that include high resolution, indexed PDFs with full-color chromatograms, plus our unique performance-based criteria analysis (PBCA). Chromatographic data may be reviewed interactively using our proprietary UTP software
- Online reporting of data from SGS Engage, an encrypted and password protected website
Contact your local SGS office to learn more about ultra-trace organics testing.