ISO 14001:2015 UPDATE - ISO/DIS 14001 PROPOSES INCREASINGLY STRATEGIC APPROACH IN ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
(JAKARTA, INDONESIA, 10 JULY 2014 ) The latest milestone in the ISO14001 revision process was reached on 1 July 2014 when ISO/DIS 14001 was issued.The first formal draft describes the potential requirements of the revised version of ISO 14001 but it does give an indication on what might be included in the final version of the standard planned to be published in Q3 2015.
The scope of the revision by the ISO 14001:2015 subcommittee (ISO/TC207/SC 1) responsible for the review consists of :
- Incorporation of Annex SL framework; ISO/DIS 14001 adopts the clause structure specified in AnnexSL which is now the required framework for all new and revised ISO Management System Standards (MSS);
- Consideration of ISO report “Future Challenges for EMS” and ISO 14001 Continual Improvement Survey;
- Maintenance and improvement of current ISO 14001 principles and requirements.
ISO has identified the following emerging changes as a result of the revision:
- Strategic Environmental Management
- Protecting the Environment
- Environmental Performance
- Lifecycle Thinking
Leadership:Commitment to environmental management
From prevention to protection
Improving environmental performance
How can SGS help?
SGS can provide awareness training to help our prospects and clients understand the requirements of ISO/ DIS 14001. More information on ISO 14001 and an overview on Annex SL could be found here.
A copy of the ISO/DIS 14001standard can be purchased here.
Official ISO website forthe subcommittee (ISO/TC 207/SC 1) with responsibility for Environmentalmanagement systems (EMS) and ISO 14001 standard http://www.iso.org/iso/tc207sc1home
Further information and updates on the developmentof ISO 14001:2015 and its publication schedule will be issued by SGS as theybecome available.
For more details, please contact:
Cilandak Commercial Estate #108C , Jakarta
SGS is the world’s leading inspection,verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees,SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.