ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Systems – Internal Auditor Training
This training is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of an environmental management system.
The purpose of this training is to equip delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to perform internal audits on environmental management systems and to contribute to the continual improvement of the management system.
On training completion you will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management systems
- Explain the purpose and structure of ISO 14001, and explain the principles, process and selected techniques used for the assignment and management of environmental aspects and impacts, including the significance of these for EMS auditors
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records
- Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system
- Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified
The training comprises presentations, workshops and role-play exercises.
Participants are not expected to possess knowledge of auditing, quality management systems or ISO 14001 before attending the course.
Contact SGS now to find out more on SGS ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Training.