Sustainability amfori BSCI
Monitor improvements in your business partner’s performance against the requirements of the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct.
The amfori BSCI system, based on a common Code of Conduct, offers a step-by-step approach that enables companies to put sustainable trade at the heart of their business by:
- Engaging with their business partners and monitoring their social performance
- Becoming empowered and receiving support
As an auditing partner of amfori, at SGS we can help you to monitor your supply chain against the requirements of the amfori BSCI code of conduct. Effectively, this means monitoring your supply chain’s progress in implementing and improving sustainable business practices.
Benefits of amfori BSCI
By taking part in amfori BSCI, members can:
- Improve the social performance of their supply chain
- Reduce cost and increase efficiency
- Have a clear and consistent approach that highlights best practices
- Improve the resilience of their business to industry and market changes
- Improve their businesses' reputation by meeting the expectations of your customers and stakeholders
amfori BSCI was developed in 2003, by amfori, a leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, aiming to support companies enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally.
Evaluation scheme structure
amfori BSCI audits assess a producer against the values and principles of the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct, which are translated into 13 interconnected Performance Areas (PAs):
- Social management system and cascade effect
- Workers involvement and protection
- The rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining
- No discrimination
- Fair remuneration
- Decent working hours
- Occupational health and safety (OHS)
- No child labor
- Special protection for young workers
- No precarious employment
- No bonded labor
- Protection of the environment
- Ethical business behavior
The amfori BSCI audit process
The amfori BSCI audit process may consist of a combination of full and follow up audits. Full audits take place every two years and cover all 13 performance areas, follow up audits are conducted in-between and focus only on those PAs that need new evidence of progress from the auditee.
Each audit results in a rating, from A to E, which reflects the extent to which the auditee has integrated the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct into its daily business and operations.
Why choose amfori BSCI audit services from SGS?
We have extensive experience, having conducted thousands of audits against this scheme, and employ a dedicated team and scheme manager to ensure the consistency of auditing in countries the world over. Our global network of auditors enables a quick and cost-effective response in most major manufacturing areas. In addition, we can supply dedicated key account managers to support large scale programs.
Find out how SGS can help you and your business partners maintain compliance with the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct.
Discover Our Sustainability Solutions
Achieve your sustainability goals with our range of sustainability services.